To: GYSA Coaches
From: GYSA Registrar
Topic: Expectations Document for 2005
Here is an outline of what you can expect from the registrar.
· Coaches from the previous year will be asked to declare for the following season if they are interested in coaching again. For existing coaches this will be done via email. For new coaches, they will need to complete the long form which you can request from the registrar.
· Tryouts are mandatory for all U10- U14 coaches and players. The 2005 dates of April 2 and 3rd at the Gorham Sports Center.
· Notification of tryouts: email to coaches to distribute to your 2004 players and notification in the Gorham Times.
· All kids must complete a registration form for each year and pay in full at time of tryouts. If either of these is not complete they will not be placed on a roster and will be unable to play. Scholarships are available with board approval.
· Pre-printed registration forms will be sent out prior to tryouts to all 2004 existing GYSA members. Parents will be instructed to complete the form, bring the payment and copy of birth certificate (if not already on file).
· Each Coach, assistant coach and team admin must complete a volunteer form each year. Volunteer forms will be available at tryouts. All volunteer forms should be completed and returned to the registrar by the end of June.
· Highly recommended that each coach have a team administrator to assist with team detail throughout the season.
· Draft rosters will be completed by middle of May and sent to coaches for approval.
· Final rosters will be completed by August 15th and sent to Soccer Maine along with club fees.
· Player passes will be printed and delivered to the coaches in early September. 2005 player passes will not include pictures. The coaches will be responsible for adding the pictures and having the kids sign.
· Rosters will be frozen on September 22 and the state will send the rosters to the registrar who will distribute them to the coaches.
· Board of directors meets the first Monday of each month. If you have any issues that you would like brought to the board please contact Mark Andreasen, Coaching Director.