Gorham Recreational Department Youth Soccer
The Gorham Recreation Department youth soccer program provides Gorham kids with the opportunity to experience the fun of soccer. This is an exceptional program for the Gorham community and GYSA encourages support of soccer at all levels.
Teams are grade specific, ranging from kindergarten through 6th grade. A program for pre-K players was also introduced in 2011.
- Teams are balanced
- Positive coaching and good sportsmanship
- A fun experience with the game of soccer
- Everyone plays a minimum of 50% of each game, regardless of skill level
- Partnership with GYSA:
- Resource sharing
- Appropriate player placement (recreation player vs travel player)
- Hosting coaching and player training clinics as needed
The season starts in early September and usually ends late October, but may vary based on weather conditions. Games are played on Saturdays. Grades 5th and 6th practice during the week as well and may travel up to three times to games on Saturdays with other local municipal recreation, not travel, teams. Teams also particpate in a end of season tournament.